Choose Wind Power?

Carbon dioxide is the leading cause of air pollution and surprisingly most of it is produced from your own home due to electricity. In the United States 98% of our electricity is produced by the burning of fossil fuels and other non-renewable energy sources. The other 2% is produced through renewable sources such as wind, solar, and biomass. Unfortunately the EPA has reported that the production of electricity is the largest air polluter in the United States.

How to cut back? Well, I have some tips you can use around the house but you can also opt to use a renewable energy source such as Wind Power. Using 100% clean wind power will drastically reduce the amount of air pollution fossil fuels emit into the air. At this time, not everyone can connect directly to a provider of green power because of limited resources. If your utility company doesn’t have the ability to switch you to a renewable energy source, you can pay someone else to use renewable energy. A company called, Renewable Choice Energy, offers a easy sign up program to buy wind powered energy to offset conventional energy use through credits. You can purchase the wind power online or through a toll-free number listed on Renewable Choice Energy’s website. It doesn’t matter if you rent or own your home, either way you can participate in the program.

BUT (please read this)

To be honest, at first when I came across Renewable Choice Energy’s site it sounded like a great idea…until I realized that the green energy I’m buying would not offset my electricity costs directly from my utility bills. It’s almost if I’m buying twice as much power! The company says that we will still receive a separate bill from our current electricity company (not discounted)…. Hrmm, I can see how buying green power to offset the conventional method will help the overall environment, but their math seems a bit vague and mysterious. I’m a bit confused about how it exactly works and how my money would be used.

Offsetting is a controversial topic. You can read more about it here:

If you have additional information as to how this project works, I’m all ears!

One Response to “Choose Wind Power?”

  1. Solar Powered and Wind Powered Underground House…

    Earthship Farm, located in New Mexico, sits on acres of land and is powered by one of the most reliable energy source, the sun….

Leave a Reply

You can use these XHTML tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>