Cartridge World is providing consumers and businesses with an alternative to reduce the impact of millions of cartridges that are thrown away and that end up in landfills each year. By making this choice, you are helping to protect the future of our environment. This proactive solution to waste reduction is a win/win for consumers, entrepreneurs and the environment. Every cartridge refilled means one less cartridge in our landfills.
In addition to being environmentally responsible, recycling cartridges also creates jobs locally. Every cartridge is recycled and remanufactured in the community that the Cartridge World store serves.
Recycling cartridges is environmentally friendly and you can feel good about supporting sustainable development for the planet’s limited natural resources and not adding to our already overloaded landfills.
With their continued commitment to recycle printer cartridges, they look forward to the day when recycling cartridges is as common as separating waste material in our homes for the recycle bins.
If you are interested in having Cartridge World set up a cartridge recycling program with your business, school or organization, contact your nearest store and ask for a Recycling Collection Bin. To find the nearest store call 1-888-99-refill (73345)
Cartridge-World-Facts-About the Environmental Impact of Printer Cartridges-Did-you-know?
• It takes about a gallon of oil to make a new laser cartridge.
• Almost 8 cartridges are thrown away per second in the United States alone!
• In North America alone, over 350 million cartridges per year are discarded in our landfills, and that number increases by 12 percent annually!
• A laser cartridge thrown into landfill can take up to 450 years to decompose. Some components made of industrial grade plastics will take over a thousand years to decompose.
• Every remanufactured cartridge saves nearly 3 and 1/2 pounds of solid waste from being deposited in landfills.
• 70 percent of used printer cartridges throughout the world are currently being thrown out.
• In one year, if the world’s discarded cartridges were stacked end-to-end, they would circle the earth over three times.
We Can Make a Difference
Every single cartridge saved from a landfill makes a difference. But imagine the difference made when 1,000,000 or even 1,000 cartridges are saved? This will not only protect our environment but save consumers thousands of dollars.