As an expectant mom, you probably want to do everything you can to give your baby the best start possible. That means following your doctor’s orders, staying healthy, and avoiding hazards that can harm your unborn baby. But did you know that going green during pregnancy (and beyond) is another great way to support the health of your child? Read on, and you’ll find 100 ways to go green and be more healthy for your baby at the same time.
These are just a few of the things you can do to be green and healthy in pregnancy.
1. Don’t go overboard on gear: Only buy what you really need to cut down on baby stuff.
2. Start an eco-friendly baby registry: Register on eco-friendly sites to get your little one’s life started off green.
3. Learn about breastfeeding: Before your baby comes, learn how you can get prepared to breast feed- the greenest and healthiest way to feed your baby.
4. Use reusable bags: Keep reusable bags in your car for last minute baby item runs to the store.
5. Avoid all toxins: Stay away from smoke and other toxins.
6. Cut down on plastics: Plastics often contain harmful chemicals, so stay away from plastic bottles and more.
7. Have an eco-friendly baby shower: Ask for an earth friendly and all natural baby shower.
8. Take a green babymoon: Visit a resort that offers green babymoons.
9. Choose refurbished electronics: If you’re buying a new camera to catch your baby’s life, reduce e-waste by buying used or refurbished.
10. Use eco-friendly pregnancy tests: Look for pregnancy tests that offer less waste.
11. Get baby books from the library: Instead of buying new baby books, just check them out from the library.