Yesterday, I explained how I saved over $20.00 from my bill last month by making small and easy changes to my home but can you save more?
In light of July 4th, Independence Day, I would like to setup a challenge to encourage minimizing energy use, especially in areas needing to conserve power and water because of the droughts.
For the month of July, whomever can reduce their utility bills (gas, electric, water) the most by percentage, I will give a $25.00 gift certificate to Amazon.com.
I will need:
1) A scanned copy or photographic proof of your achievement which would include your past month’s bill amount and the new amount (please hide your personal information, except your name)
2) A short explanation of how you did it.
Mail all entries to email@example.com. All entries must be submitted by the end of August.
Here are a few helpful tips to conserve your energy this month:
1) Use your programmable thermostat
2) Unplug appliances/devices that are not in use
3) Use energy saving CFL’s
4) Air dry your dishes
5) Turn off your computer if not in use
6) Take a shower instead of a bath
7) Water your lawn/garden before 5am or after 8pm
Wash your laundry using full loads and try the cold water setting