A Portion of the Proceeds go to Charities that Benefit Kids
NEW YORK - Nov. 5, 2009 - This holiday season, don’t just give, GIVE BACK! That’s what two online retailers are doing as they focus on helping others while putting ‘family’ first this holiday. Starting this weekend, Jade’s ToyBox and ZABA are opening a special holiday store filled with a great selection of eco-friendly toys, unique clothes, and family activities weekly throughout the holiday season. A portion of proceeds from the holiday store will be donated to support children’s charities, including DKMS Americas, whose mission is to save lives by recruiting bone marrow donors for leukemia patients. The grand opening of the store, located at 25 North Moore Street at Varick Street in TriBeCa is this weekend, November 7-8, 2009.
“We’re determined to lose the chaos that often comes with the holiday season, and we’re asking people to stop and consider what they REALLY want this holiday. Children’s literature is a great way to be reminded of what matters in this world, so we’re taking cues from our kid’s books, like The Giving Tree and The Gift of Nothing. Two must reads this holiday, no matter what your age,” says, Angelique LeDoux, founder and president of Jade’s ToyBox. “Everyone is so busy during the holidays and we want to help families take time out and create new holiday traditions that may last a lifetime.”
The special Holiday Store will be open through Christmas Eve weekdays and Saturdays from 10 am -7 pm, Sundays from 11 am -5 pm, with special hours on Thanksgiving weekend and Christmas Eve. Check Jade’s ToyBox.com and Zaba.com for more information and weekly special events. Fun free and a few unique paid family activities at the special holiday store include:
- A Rare Opportunity for your Child to be Photographed with the 20×24 Polaroid Camera - One of only six such cameras in the world, the 20″ x 24″ Polaroid camera produces large format instant photos and will be available for a fee.
- Storytime for Charity - Parents are invited to sponsor storytime by making a suggested donation of $20, all of which goes to charity! Simply bring in your child’s favorite book or let us choose the story and use your child’s name as the character of the book. Special guests will be on-hand to read, including Santa, and each free storytime is followed by a hands-on craft activity
- Weekly Holiday Craft Workshops - Using recycled materials, the whole family can get involved in fun holiday crafts
- Free Santa Portraits - Visits by Old St. Nick and a free photo. Bring your camera!
- Pop-Up Holiday Card, Book and Ornament Making Workshops- Author Esther K. Smith, author of “How To Make Books” and “Magic Books and Paper Toys” will lead this “parents only” workshop for creative holiday crafts that you can teach your kids
- Free Santa letter writing workshops - Featuring stories followed by a letter-writing workshop where kids create their letters for Santa and mail it to the North Pole
- “Me, Myself & I” Photo Portraits - Not your typical holiday photo, noted New York photographer Donna Alerico will be creating works of art for the holidays
- Create Holiday Photo Books with Magazine Picture Editors. Take those piles of photos out of the box and get inspired to make digital and handmade albums. Led by picture editors Donna Cohen and Angelique LeDoux
About DKMS Americas
The DKMS mission is to save lives by recruiting bone marrow donors for leukemia patients. More than 18,500 DKMS donors have helped save lives by donating their bone marrow. DKMS is the largest and most experienced bone marrow donor center in the world with over 2 million registered donors. More information about DKMS can be found here.
ZABA was born with the inspiration that “Simplicity is Best” by sisters Ania and Gosia, creating a boutique that is unpretentious, with a child friendly design layout. Shopping at Zaba brings joy to all, with brands whose lines tell a story - one that is youthful and entertaining to clients. Tapping into a growing Organic market, ZABA features designs that stay true to their concept of simplicity. ZABA also features a selection of gift items for every occasion, from toys to accessories. More information about ZABA is available here.
About Jade’s ToyBox
Jade’s ToyBox is an online social retailer offering parents educational and eco-friendly products for their young children, while donating a portion of proceeds to charities that benefit kids. Their unique products, called Concept Boxes include a carefully vetted selection of eco-friendly toys, books and games pre-packaged to teach specific concepts to young children. More information is available at the Jade’s ToyBox retail store.