Here are 5 simple ways to green yourself. It’s so easy that once you go green, you may not go back (I’m crossing my fingers).
1) Recycle - The mantra of waste reduction. It’s easy to do.
2) Replace incandescent lights with Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs - Check with your local utility company. SDGE (San Diego) just announced to local residents they’ll be holding a lighting event this Saturday July 14th to exchange up to 5 incandescent light bulbs and 2 halogen floor lamps for energy-efficient light bulbs. A combined value of over $100. If you are a San Diego resident, please call 1-800-411-SDGE for more information on the event.
3) Conserve Energy & Water. Do things like turn off lights in unused rooms, set your tv on a sleep timer if you like to have it on before falling asleep and turn off the faucet while you brush your teeth.
4) Drive Conservatively - When doing errands, plan your trip wisely to use the least amount of gasoline. For more tips on how to increase your gas mileage, I highly recommend a visit to an excellent blog called the Daily Fuel Economy Tip.
5) Cloth Bags - Leave your cloth bags in your car. That way you won’t forget them for your next grocery visit.